- Location : Pematang Siantar City - Parapat Subdistrict (in Simalungun Regency).
- Track length : 64.7 km (divided into 3 segment)
- Capacity : 2.236.998 people/year
- Concession : 20 years
- Project status : - Feasibility study has completed in 2016
- Online Business Case has completed in 2017
- Survey investigation design in 2018
- Detail Engineering Design in 2019
- Railway infrastructure is very important to balance the mobility of the people, so that it'll encourage economic growth.
- This project aims to improve accessibility, particularly access to the strategic area for national tourism i.e Lake Toba.
- The Siantar-Parapat Railway line is the additional to the existing railway line in North Sumatra that traverses Langkat Regency, Medan City, to Rantau Prapat (in Labuhan Batu Regency).
- The Siantar-Parapat Railway line will be divided into 3 segments:
1. Siantar Martoba - Jorlang Hataran (26.5 km)
2. Jorlang Hataran - Girsang S. Bolon (27.5 km)
3. Girsang S. Bolon - Parapat (10.7 km)
1. OPEX : IDR 120.6 Billion/year
2. Payment : IDR 1.057 Billion/year
3. IRR : 14%
Public Private Partnership (PPP)