- Location : Pematang Siantar City - Parapat Subdistrict (in Simalungun Regency).
- Track Distance : 64.7 km (divided into 3 segments)
- Capacity : 2.236.998 people/year
- Financial Feasibility :
- IRR: 14%
- NPV: IDR 1.05 Trillion
- Payback Period: 20 years
- Concession: 20 years
Project to Offer:
- Railway infrastructure is very important to balance the mobility of the people, so that it will encourage economic growth.
- This project aims to improve accessibility, particularly access to the strategic area for national tourism i.e Lake Toba.
- The Siantar-Parapat Railway line is the additional to the existing railway lines in North Sumatra that traverses Langkat Regency, Medan City, to Rantau Prapat (in Labuhanbatu Regency).
- The Siantar-Parapat Railway will be divided into 3 segments:
1. Siantar Martoba - Jorlang Hataran (26.5 km)
2. Jorlang Hataran - Girsang S. Bolon (27.5 km)
3. Girsang S. Bolon - Parapat (10.7 km)
Railway has become essential thing
to support the mobility of communities to drive economic growth. This
infrastructure project aimed to support land connectivity to the world-class
tourism destinations, Lake Toba. Siantar-Parapat railway is an addition of existing
railway lane in North Sumatra that crosses Langkat Regency, Binjai City, Medan City, and Simalungun Regency to increase efficiency in transportation mode. We hope by
increasing the efficiency in transportation will attract many tourists visiting
Public Private Partnership (PPP)